DJR was brought in to provide project management services as the owner’s representative on this 6,071 SF high-end custom estate remodel with full redevelopment of a 1-acre site in the Steele Canyon area, one of East County’s finest neighborhoods. Site work included all new decorative driveway paving and hardscape, a new 1,600 SF pool house with disappearing La Cantina doors, remodeled pool with “baja bench”, and a new landscaping theme throughout.
DJR’s consisted of owner representation and management or assistance with coordination of consultants, contractors, and public agency issues during construction, including:
- Assembly and management of a team of professionals, consultants, contractors.
- An initial Project Program with rough target budget and time estimates
- Solicitation of proposals from general contractors and sub-contractors
- Contractor vetting, bid spreading, and recommendation
- Negotiation of contract prices and terms with the GC and major sub-contractors
- Assistance with vendor selection for materials and services
- Value engineering for consideration by the owner, architect, engineers, and contractors
- Solving budget/schedule issues during construction for the GC
- Mitigation of agency permitting, inspection delays, and costs
- Input on selection of finishes as they affect budget and schedule